+44 20 3384 3075
Committed to your Success.

UK Fiancé/e or Proposed Civil Partner Visa

With immigration rules and policies constantly changing, it’s vital to get your visa application right first time. This is where our expertise can help. By offering accurate and competent immigration advice, we can help you to identify any weaknesses in your Fiance/e or Proposed Partner's application, answer your questions and assess your case.

The Fiancé/e or Proposed Civil Partner visa category allows people to come to the UK in order to marry or enter into a civil partnership.

Before travelling to the United Kingdom the fiancé/e or proposed civil partner must apply for an entry clearance. This type of visa is issued for a six month period. Employment during this time is not permitted.

Requirements under the fiancé/e or proposed civil partner category

To be eligible for a UK fiancé/e or proposed civil partner visa, applicants must fulfil the following requirements:

(1) be able to support and accommodate themselves without recourse to public funds.

(2) plan to marry within a reasonable time (usually six months) and;

(3) have met each other.

English Language Requirement

All applicants wishing to enter the UK as a fiancée or proposed civil partner of a British citizen or a person settled in the UK must satisfy the English Language Requirement. Prospective applications must pass an acceptable English language test with one of our approved test providers unless they can show that they are a national of a majority English speaking country or hold a degree taught in English.

By taking the test, applicants will need to demonstrate a basic command of English (speaking and listening) at level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference.

After the marriage or civil ceremony takes place, you can apply for Leave to Remain as a spouse or civil partner. If your application is approved, you will be given permission to live and work  in the United Kingdom for 30 months which can be further extended to another 30 months.

Settlement in the UK

Upon completion of four years and 11 months of residence in the UK under a spouse or marriage visa, you can apply for indefinite leave to remain (ILR).

Migra & Co is a private immigration company, regulated by the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC), reference number F200900038. This website is not a government website and as such, we are not linked or affiliated with the UK Visas and Immigration. We offer expert legal advice and flexible tailored solutions to both private and corporate clients to ensure that their immigration needs are met. If you wish to download or prepare a UK visa application form, you can do so free of charge by visiting the Official UKVI website.